I just got back from Cleveland, Ohio where I attended a business event and I feel re-energized about my business, where it’s headed and WHY I love to do what I do.
I learned some things and made great connections while I was there. Today, I want to remind you why you should travel to business conferences.
When I go to events, not just the ones I speak at, but the ones I also go to learn – I make a conscious effort to connect with other people. I see how others are handling the current challenges in the world. I see how they are reinventing themselves. I see how they are capitalizing on the opportunities in their lives to move to the next level of success.
We must schedule at least a few weeks a year where we get out of our everyday environments to help open up our minds to seeing different ways to do business, earn money, and create relationships and have more fun.
The Truth is: If you keep doing things the way you’ve always done them, you may NOT create new business!
It is CRUCIAL that you schedule the time to go to retreats, seminars, and educational events so that you can get out and hobnob with other people, connecting with them in order to do long-term business.
Many of you have heard me refer to people that are not entrepreneurs or business owners as “civilians”. This is because they do not understand what we do. It’s important for you to go out and be around other non-civilians. It is very healing to the entrepreneur’s soul and heart to be around other like-minded souls who do what you do, love what they do and are excited about it. Their enthusiasm and their excitement will help you come home feeling fresh and excited with a set of new eyes on your business. This allows you to upgrade your own procedures for greater success.
It’s important to connect with other people that are just like you.
So, just to recap – Here are the Five Reasons You Should Travel to Business Conferences:
- No matter how good internet training or online courses are—they will never inspire you like being in front of a really good teacher. There is more than just spoken words going on. We literally pick up information from other people on a subconscious level.
- Being in a real LIVE learning environment, where OTHERS ASK INTELLENT QUESTIONS, is so beneficial.Plus, the opportunity to learn from others in the hallways and masterminds can add to your level of understanding of the subjects being taught. You can also learn DISTINCTIONS and often times deeper knowledge that you can learn with just the teaching.
- You will get to hang out and socialize with people who, if you DON’T go to these events, you would never have the opportunity to meet, learn from, and maybe even do business with.There’s nothing like standing or sitting next to someone, shaking hands and having a conversation. It’s not just an exchange of words, it’s an exchange of energy, thoughts, and ideas.
- Create new Networking relationships. Meeting people who could be your client’s customers or patients or who you could sell your services or products to.
- Getting out of your own environment is good for you. You get to see the world more, meet new people, and experience a fresh perspective.
Remember: It’s often not WHAT you know but WHO you know!
Right now, it’s only June! We still have 6 months left of the year, so why don’t we make it the most profitable, exciting and fun by re-exciting ourselves by going somewhere else, exposing ourselves to a lot of new ideas, a lot of new people and not only come home with new business, but a lot of new ideas.
Excitement and enthusiasm are very, very important for everyone in business because it keeps you fresh with an ability to scan your life’s landscape and see new ideas, possibilities, and opportunities.
Until next week!
Magic, Love & Blessings,