10 Hacks to Earn Respect in Your Life
Today I want to talk with you about how you earn RESPECT in your life. Respect is one of the most important elements in society and your life. If people has a little more respect for those they meet in life, the world will be a better place to live.
According to Vocabulary.com, Respect is a way of treating or thinking about something or someone. If you respect your teacher, you admire her and treat her well.
You show respect by being polite and kind. So, by being respectful, you also earn respect from others.
These 10 Hacks to Earn Respect in Your Life do not require any particular talent but, they do create massive amounts of respect for you:
- Being on Time – This means showing up 5 minutes EARLY. Being early gives you time to get yourself ready and settled at your destination before your meeting. In return, people will respect you for being on time too.
- Work Ethic – Make sure what you turn in, be it a document or job done, and what you give to people is beautiful, correct, easy to read, easy to understand. You’re doing what is necessary to impress people with your work ethic. A good work ethic will earn you respect.
- Show Effort – Dress up for the occasion. You know we make our first impression in the first 33 seconds of meeting someone. In that time, we decide how old you are, what you do for a living, and if you should be respected. So, show effort in being on time, how you present yourself, and your work ethic.
- Positive Body Language – Create and maintain eye contact with people. Show that you are really present with them in this moment. Make sure you are looking at them—and not at your phone for the love of God!—to show that you are not distracted by other things. You want your body language to say that you care about them and what they are talking about. Also, it’s very important not to slouch and act like you are bored. This is how you earn respect from them.
- Positive Energy & Passion – Make sure that what you say is positive. Being positive will earn you respect as people don’t like to be insulted or treated badly.
- Attitude – If there is a problem, there is a solution. Your attitude determines whether you’re part of the problem or part of the solution. Don’t be a whiner or complainer. Be the one to stand up and be with them, not AGAINST them.
- Being Coachable – Be willing to read books, listen to CDs & DVDs, attend seminars and retreats to continue learning and growing as a person. Show that you are really into growth and expanding yourself.
- Doing extra – This is different for each person but it’s showing up and doing something a little extra, above and beyond what is expected.
- Being prepared – Do Your Research. I just had a new coaching client that a company sent over to me yesterday for an hour and a half appointment and she had no clue who I was or why she was sent to me!
If you are going to meet people, look them up on Google. Find something positive about them to talk about so that they know you’ve done a little extra research.
- Showing Gratitude & Appreciation – The reason I say that is because the world is so full of an entitlement mentality. People that think they deserve everything with no effort or gratitude. It is such a good thing to show people appreciation and gratitude. Tell them that what they’ve done in your life is valued and appreciated. Get out a card and handwrite a thank you note. We receive so many texts and emails every day that they don’t hold as much value as writing a handwritten, mailed card does.
These 10 quick hacks can help you earn respect and new business. If you like to learn more, check out Intuition: The New Common Sense at Milteer Store – https://store.milteer.com/products/intuition-the-new-common-sense-digital-download